Wednesday, June 14, 2017

This just in...

At 2:20pm my mobile phone rang. Usually my ringer is off, but with the expected results call from the Cancer Agency it was on. Caller ID shows it's them and I answer the call, no doubt looking a little worried. I made it clear they were fine to call me vs me having to come in to hear the results. This isn't my first rodeo, let's lasso this bull and carry on already. 

Great to hear NONE of the biopsies showed cancer, but not great to hear that my thyroid biopsy bruise will continue to look like a hickey for a while yet!  ðŸ’‹ The thyroid tissue tested showed no evidence of cancer but does shows uncertainty which means another biopsy to follow in 3 months. I'm now on thyroid medication to get my TSH levels in check, metabolism moving and energy on the upswing. 

The biopsies from the colonoscopy (colon & ileum) also show no evidence of cancer but do show my Crohn's has become more aggressive. I'm now taking a steroid 3x daily with food, so meal prep is super important for me moving forward. Sounds easy but it's tough when you have limits of what you can eat. A salad would be one of the worst things I could eat but steamed or cooked veggies are fine. I laughed when I saw the "take with food" instructions on the pill bottle, but it'll force me to get more creative and not starve or store food which is how I've been coping for quite some time. Chef Crohnie Carly was born tonight as I made Crohn's friendly food, it ready to go in my fridge for work tomorrow. Day 1 ✔️ Day 2 TBD! 😳

Recovery road post cancer and living with Crohn's is interesting really. Being a single woman in her 40s (gulp) my life updates are on a different level than others. Most people post on Facebook about their kids or significant others and I bitch about a salad! Everyone has their version of life & this is mine. Doesn't stop me from good hair styles though, nothing can do that, but interesting how we all have our thing. I chose to write about it because let's be honest my cat just isn't a good enough conversation holder, and honestly it's a part of who I am and who I've become. I'd rather complain about raw veggies than a raw ex-husband!

So long story short folks, you're stuck with me yet again. This just in...

XOXO

C

#carly2conquercancer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello everyone.  I wanted to do a final entry and inform you of the new way I'll be blogging moving forward.  I just realized that today...