Friday, June 16, 2017

🎶push it...push it real good...🎶

No matter the genre of music you listen to, I'm hoping you know the group in which my blog title comes from today. The rap/hip hop all female group 'Salt N Pepa' was formed in the 80's & was playing strong on music stations and most of our Walkmans in the 90s. I can still hear that song in my head as if my SONY earplugs never left my ears with my Walkman clipped on to my Big Star Jeans (brand of choice back then). 

I've been doing a lot of thinking these last couple days and I really need to start pushing myself. As much as I feel like laying in bed until my thyroid balances out and my energy comes back, I can't...I need to push and that means hitting up my gym. It doesn't seem a hard task to walk the 300 yards to the gym but it's so darn easy to lay on the couch or in my case yesterday, mop the floors. Like who would chose moping over the gym. To my credit though the floors needed to be cleaned and I bought a nice new wood floor cleaning product I really wanted to try out. Yes I know my joy of cleaning is odd, and even more odd is the mess of piles of clothes in my room getting neglected. They need to be hung...common now Carly push yourself to do it. Don't just close the door 🚪 ha ha 

After my 11 hour work day Friday which in itself is pushing it, I have 3 days off to go to the gym, clean my room and maybe even throw out a lamp I've hidden on my patio for some time now. Can I put it in the bin...that really might be pushing it, maybe I'll just leave it along side it hoping for the best come Monday pick up!

I've got a cute day planner which is feeling left out so I'm going to push myself to use it every day and assign a simple task that's pushing me in some way. Pushing it could mean golfing with my brother, wait no that's just unrealistic, although I'd like to ride on a turf chopper. Feel free to check out his Instagram turf_chopper.  He's definitely been pushing himself of late & I'm super proud of him. He's following his passion making it into a dream so keep riding bro, or as he says channeling his Tim the tool Man Taylor  "Shane here for Turf chopper...". My parents definitely have some outgoing push forward children. But I swear I can be shy. Believe it!  Don't push me tho lol 

Totally non related to this blog post, my cat is trained to sleep on a towel. I have towels placed on my couch and bed. He's frickin amazing and smart. End scene & high five to me for being an awesome furrmommy who started pushing that at a young age. 

I'd love to hear your stories of how you're pushing yourselves. Could be anything small to big. But if you do create a push list don't forget to download Salt N Pepa and blast that sound. You know it's already on my playlist. You must also know it's currently stuck in my head more than ever and I'm about to go to sleep. Might be pushing it tonight and need a sleeping pill to counter attack!

XOXO

C

#carly2conquercancer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello everyone.  I wanted to do a final entry and inform you of the new way I'll be blogging moving forward.  I just realized that today...