Monday, May 11, 2015

F*ck Cancer

This terrible disease doesn't choose its victims in a way that makes sense to me. Smokers, non-smokers, druggies or not, fit or fat....anyone can get cancer.  I don't wish illness upon the harshest of criminals but I struggle as to why my dear friends mother was chosen.  A mother of 3 and grandmother of 4, she was doing no harm to anyone yet her life sadly ended.  RIP Eleanor, you will be missed but just know I'll continue to be a dear friend to your daughter and love your granddaughters as long as I'm allowed.  

Approaching the age of 40 I'm not fearful of finding a wrinkle or maybe a grey hair, I fear saying goodbye to those I love and supporting my friends as they do the same.  Of course we know life must come to an end, but it's always hardest for those left behind.  No matter your religion or spiritual belief, I think we all like to imagine those who passed away running fancy free and watching us where ever they may be.  I like to believe my grandparents look down on me one way or another, or I'm just a crazy lady who talks to fresh air! "Grandma, it's me Carly..."

With everything I've been through I find myself reflecting and figuring out what's important to me, my happiness, my future.  I've been looking in to continuing my education to allow me to thrive in a career where I can give back and make a living all at the same time.  This is not a decision that comes easy as there are some great programs out there, but know I'll find my perfect fit. If I can't be a supermodel guess I must figure out the next best thing!

I've managed to start bike riding for some much needed exercise since the pool trial didn't go so well. One step at a time but hallelujah that I'm still taking steps in this thing called life!  

XOXO

#carly2conquercancer

C

PS- check this blog on its site vs the email so you can see pictures. I've heard lots of you didn't know about this. You've missed a lot of pics!

1 comment:

  1. I dont know if i can see pics from my phone but i will check them out from my pc when i get back. Stay strong girl

    ReplyDelete

Hello everyone.  I wanted to do a final entry and inform you of the new way I'll be blogging moving forward.  I just realized that today...