A locomotive goes 🎶choo choo🎶 and I’ve often thought of myself like a train. My way of choo-choo’ing is by remaining positive and by taking the wins when they come. However there are many railway tracks to travel and sometimes a derailment happens. I feel derailed right now.
I’m so darn angry and with that comes sadness. If I’m being completely honest with myself and with you I’m an emotional wreck. I feel like I’ve been hit by a train, like my caboose stayed at one station while the rest of my train at another. As a little girl I heard the tale about the “train that could” he just kept trying and eventually did. But for crying out loud I’m so sick of trying. If I was to draw myself as a cartoon train I’d be the long eyelash lipstick wearing train with tears in her big brown eyes. I just can’t stop crying tonight.
I’ve had f-ing cancer twice. It’s made me infertille. I have a colostomy. I’ve had parts rebuilt. I have hernias. I’m not ok. Throughout all my treatments I’ve lost a minimal amount of weight, I didn’t even get a revenge body FFS! A breast cancer survivor qualifies for reconstruction so why the heck can’t I qualify for, or shall I say be approved for, a goddam tummy tuck. No I was not a skinny mini before this all started however my hernias have really done a number on me. I’m so goddam mad that my body has been through so much that I’m scared I’m now falling in to a depression. I’ve never felt so down. As much as I’m an advocate and the joy it brings me in doing so, it’s just not enough. Perhaps I’m just feeling things a bit more than usual tonight as yesterday marked 9 months since surgery, I honestly don’t know.
I want oh so much to be the survivor who does amazing things but any time I start to feel that way I feel like I’m getting slapped in the face over & over again. I sit here and think what can I do to resolve this but it’s just not that easy. I’m in constant discomfort and pain and just can’t seem to unlock the path to help me be that survivor. I hate life after cancer, it’s so much harder than life during cancer which is crazy to say. I’m at the point that I feel I need strict rules and regulations to see any sort of solution because without them I just don’t know how I’ll overcome this hurdle.
For 4 years I’ve been trying my best to be positive and to look on the bright side, but if I had a towel right now I’d toss it in the ring. I won’t give up because it’s not in my DNA, however I understand struggle like never before. Every single one of us has a limit...seems I’ve just hit mine. I’m done being strong so maybe it’s time to be angry and vengeful...I really don’t know but I got to figure this out.
People are worse off...this too shall pass...others have been through worse, all things I tell myself when I’m in a dark spot. As much as it has helped in the past it just isn’t this time. I’ve been through extreme agony and it’s ok to acknowledge it. I begged for mercy after chemo & radiation. I’m sick of begging for mercy which is where I find myself physically today. It’s now affecting my psyche which hasn’t really happened before.
I’m left with this thought. Trains can be repaired after derailment right? So how can I get myself repaired physically and emotionally because goddam I hate this space I’m in. In saying all this I know I’m strong, that I’m a fighter and that I’ll conduct my train in killer cute overalls with a bold red lip. Just sucks I’ve had so many accidents along the way. Choo-frickin-hoo.
XOXO
C
#carly2conquercancer
#winniethepouch
Hey, I'm Carly! A 2x stage 3 Vulvar cancer survivor, an extremely rare type of gynaecological cancer. Colostomy surgery and more saved my life! You can follow me on instagram at ostomate_and_the _city or my personal carlyallen75 to see what I’m up to!
Sunday, November 18, 2018
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hello everyone. I wanted to do a final entry and inform you of the new way I'll be blogging moving forward. I just realized that today...
-
I’ve always enjoyed a good day of shopping. As a teenager my friends and I would catch the bus and head downtown. We lived in relatively the...
-
Hello everyone. I wanted to do a final entry and inform you of the new way I'll be blogging moving forward. I just realized that today...
-
Woke up this morning and reality is really sinking in. Tomorrow is day 1(or surgery 1) of this long journey! Dad is picking me up at 330...
Carly, you are entitled to be upset ! No one can be expected to be look at the bright side of life every day, especially someone who hashas been through what you have been through. I don't have words of advice or any tips. This is unfair. Yes, there are people who have it worse, but that doesn't make what you are going through any better. I hope that as you fight for your rights, I hope you get a tummy tuck. You deserve that, at least! Sending you lots of love.
ReplyDeleteThanks S! Calling drs again tomo.
ReplyDelete