Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Yet again...

If I really look around me, I see things often come in 2's. 2 people out for a drink, 2 lanes on the road, heck even 2 shows recording simultaneously on your PVR (well at least at my place as I like a lot of shows).  So I guess it's no different for me and cancer. One tough fought battle wasn't enough, now a 2nd shows itself.

My PET scan results were received at BC Cancer today.  I was informed I have a tumour measuring 4cm x 5cm. This tumour is left from my original cancer aka Big Kahuna (tumour was named early) but is pretty much in the same vicinity. Same symptoms but since I've already been treated with radiation and chemo, a 2nd treatment has been decided. This means I will be curing myself of cancer with an aggressive and extensive Colostomy surgery. 1 groin lymph node also shows cancer so it too will be treated surgically.  I already have a scar on my right groin and here's the 2nd, at least each side will match, gotta balance it out! Does this mean a 2nd tattoo on my other wrist perhaps? Hmmmmm

So life sucks sometimes. Yes I'm saying it, but there's zero I can do about it. Obviously I'll have terrible days... who are we kidding, but I'm not going to allow cancer to kill me. I will wear my bag aka Winnie (Ref Winnie the Pooh c/o cousin Crissy & John) with pride. It's the only way I'll stay alive, if the cancer spreads there's no 2nd chance. What journey Winnie brings forth is yet to show itself but I have faith it'll make sense.

January 3rd I meet with my doctors to hear the exact surgery date this January and more detailed specifics. I have a fairly good understanding of what's going to happen, my physical changes, my emotional needs etc. It will be different than the first round but in many ways I feel more prepared for round 2.   It's going to be long & tough but with you all in my corner I no doubt with KO cancer a 2nd time!

XOXO

C

#carly2conquercancer


1 comment:

  1. My love... I'm speechless to read this. I know the struggle of the first go around and I know Cancer first hand, as you know. I'll be praying for and sending warm good thoughts. If you need ANYTHING please let me know!!!! Trisha

    ReplyDelete

Hello everyone.  I wanted to do a final entry and inform you of the new way I'll be blogging moving forward.  I just realized that today...