Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Put me to sleep Doc!

3 sleeps until my first surgery.  I spoke with doctors yesterday and Friday is an early start.  Don't they know me and know I'm not a morning person....lol

Dad & I will stay at my "home away from home" Thurs night as showtime starts at 740am at VGH.  I have to report to the Nuclear Medicine dept where I will have a dye injection followed by a scan an hour later.  This helps the surgeon see exactly where she has to remove the tumor on my groin/bikini line area.

After that I have some down time to read trashy magazines and watch some Netflix before I'm admitted at noon at the Cancer Agency.  Surgery should start at 1pm and last about an hour.  2 hours in recovery and then my lovely mother will pick me up and try to make sense of my slurs!

I've been told the recovery is pretty easy but ya never know.  I'll be staying at my parents for the weekend and hopefully home Sun or Mon.  If anyone wants to come out to sunny Tsawwassen for a visit that's where I'll be!

It's funny how when you spend time at home you really see what happens during the day vs being at work.  Who cuts their lawn at 730am????? Some people are just too keen.

Thanks for all your reads on here as I really appreciate it.  Please comment if you'd like, I'd love that!  If you don't have a gmail account you can select anonymous to post & just sign in your post.

#carly2conquercancer

XOXO

C

9 comments:

  1. I had that dye injection as well (a long long time ago) and if I remember correctly, it gives you a very warm feeling (and quite pleasant I may add) in your nether regions. Love ya, A.K.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had unexpected CT scan that had the warm dye. Such a weird feeling.

      Delete
    2. Catching up on your posts now...could figure out how to...duuhhhh. keep that humor coming pretty girl..xxoo

      Delete
  2. Ah my Carly, this is my 5th attempt and my lack of blogger wherewithal is a bit troubling. However, for you I try again! I have contact my help desk (AK) who said she had her dye injection in the bowels of the hospital…bahahaha. I digress. She also said there is a question I need to answer to have my post publish..so witty comments about bikini lines, crayons in place of hair dye, and that yes of course I will fill you in when I journey across the street to see you this weekend. Proud of you. Love ya, Aunty Shell.

    PS if this does not work I am sending it to AK and using her as my personal assistant. Could this possibly be a MAC problem or simply a user problem..hmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Evidently a user problem. I am IN!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carly I have to say your writing is hilarious... Even in such a trying situation you find the positive side. I'm going to have to keep my own journal of translations to all the things you name, i'm having a hard time keeping up lol. jokes aside, I hope and I will pray that everything will be fine..Please let me know if you need anything, I do cook, ya no onions right? Andrea M

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could take you up on some cooking. & yes no onions. So Ew!

    ReplyDelete

Hello everyone.  I wanted to do a final entry and inform you of the new way I'll be blogging moving forward.  I just realized that today...