Friday, July 25, 2014

Are all male doctors hot???

Surgery #1 is over (insert clapping crowd sound here)

I wasn't too sure what to expect this AM but things went well overall. I only had 1 mini cry and I'm not even sure which reason I cried for.  It was either
A) being nervous for the injection that they told me would sting like a bee 
OR
B) the doctor who did the injection was hot and my age

LET'S GO WITH B lol

This morning I had a dye injection near Big Kahuna that enhanced it and any lymph node "stuff" by a scanning transformer like machine. Pics were printed, sealed and I gave to surgeon at time of admitting.

I had nearly 3 hours until surgery so Katyann (Uncle's amazing GF) picked me up and we wasted the time away together.

As we were driving to the clinic they called and asked where I was.  They we're ready for me....early!  She sounded surprised I didn't spend 3 hours in the uncomfortable hospital chair, but I informed her I was close and on my way.  

I arrived was prepped and even had a nurse I knew.  A soccer mom I haven't seen in years.  Funny how these things happen.

In the operating room The Canucks were our topic vs counting backwards. I say Vrbata scores 35 goals!  Worked like a charm, lights out...hopefully not a sign for the Canucks!  I woke up in recovery, still knowing who I was and still fighting this battle.  Mom drove me back to my parents where I'll be all weekend trying to figure out how to lie down.  Left side, right side, on my back...shoot it's frustrating & I've already sworn a few times!

-Hope this sounds ok as I'm still on some meds ha ha ha

#carly2conquercancer

XOXO

C




3 comments:

  1. Glad all went according to plan. Now you need to rest up for the next phase. Remember "you is strong, you is positive, you is invincible". Sending lots of love your way!

    A.K. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news Carly! Thinking about you and good luck trying to get comfortable :)
    L Su

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goid stuff yup it wouldhave been b...I know you....lol love n hugs...maybe pillows between knees?

    ReplyDelete

Hello everyone.  I wanted to do a final entry and inform you of the new way I'll be blogging moving forward.  I just realized that today...