Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Can't plan everything..

Today I'm watching Maury Povich when the phone rings and the Cancer Clinic wants me to come in at 4pm for a CT scan.  I didn't have this in my weekly plan so was a little taken back. 

Since I'm on a form of morphine I'm not allowed to drive Snowflake, so my amazing father came & drove me and listened to me read this blog as he's not so up to speed on this kinda thing!(he's worried what I'm saying on here LOL)

So far most of my appointments have been running late so dad was off to the cafe for a coffee and most likely a muffin thinking it would be a while.  We we're early as "Allen Life Training" always has you early...well maybe not my brother!

So I check in and expect to wait but was called in right away. Since this was an unexpected visit, I wasn't up on my research as to what a CT scan really was.  So in I walk in my amazing new PJs and even makeup!  Next thing you know the technician is telling me to pass her my hand.  I told her I didn't know her well enough to get fresh and she chuckled but really it was because I needed and IV for an injection.

So in goes the IV and I lay down on the bed arms propped to be scanned.  I'm thinking OK this ain't so bad.  She says listen to the voice and I'll be back after.  It's a test run she says.  So the bed starts moving and the creepy computer man voice tells me to breath in, hold my breath then breath again.  You think they could have a more soothing voice.  The skytrain lady would be better than this guy.  I'd even take the annoying bell too.

So that finishes, she comes back in and tells me she's now injecting a warm dye and I'll be warm and feel like I'll have to pee. Not to worry though I won't actually pee and nobody ever has.  All I could think was watch me be the 1 person who does... but I didn't LOL

The injection goes in and holy what a creepy weird feeling.  I've never done hard core drugs but feeling that pumping through my veins was so weird.  Creepy man speaks to me again and it's over.

Only about 20 minutes had passed so I don't think dad even had time for a muffin before I messaged to come and pick me back up.

Now you might be thinking why was I watching Maury Povich of all shows?  Well my friends, it is the one show I watch that makes me realize that my life is pretty darn good.  Those people are pretty cray-cray! "You are not the father!" ba ha ha ha

#carly2conquercancer

XOXO

C

6 comments:

  1. don't know what was more upsetting....ct scan or the fact you watch Maury! lol
    Di

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is hilarious. thanks for the description. I love the positive attitude! this is why you will kick cancer in the ass!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you're catching my humor...don't know who this is but appreciate comment!

      Delete
    2. - Petra. I tried to sign it with my google plus account but then it didn't work.

      Delete
  3. Heheh too funny. You made me think of what it would feel like if it was Maurices voice during ur CT scan. I think only only pple with sexy voices should have jobs like ct or mri :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello everyone.  I wanted to do a final entry and inform you of the new way I'll be blogging moving forward.  I just realized that today...