Sunday, July 27, 2014

Healing hurts!

You've heard the saying "Mind over matter" right?  Well I call BS on that!  LOL

I actually do believe in that saying but last night as I had the chills, then was warm, I cried & then I laughed (sorta), was not sleepy and then suddenly exhausted, "Mind over matter" went straight out the window!

People I've spoken to be it Cancer survivors or doctors, told me I'll have highs and lows, and last night at 10:38pm I had my first low.  This low came after a lovely day of visits from family and friends which I need to keep me busy and upbeat.

My body has just had major surgery and I need to remember I'm not She-ra Princess of Power my childhood idol. I need to relax, I need to heal, I need to face reality.

After a rough night of sleep, I hope today is better.  We have a lovely dinner planned tonight and I look forward to it. I'll rest up all day and stay off my feet...well I hope so anyhow!

Have a great Funday Sunday folks!

#carly2conquercancer

XOXO

C


3 comments:

  1. Sheena….rest is good, nap like your cat on the patio today - under the big umbrella, chill out (how exactly does one chill out on a hot day?) I know it feels weird to sit around when you are used to GO GO GO. Be great at resting and enjoy your visits. oxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will feel a bit better each day but don't overdo it. Like Aunty Shell say, stretch out on the outdoor furniture and relax today. Have someone feed you grapes! Ha ha... see you on Tuesday morning bright and early. A.K. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keeping you in my thoughts. Maybe sing that Parachute Club song, Rise Up, Rise Up, that's what I'm singing for you right now. Arlin

    ReplyDelete

Hello everyone.  I wanted to do a final entry and inform you of the new way I'll be blogging moving forward.  I just realized that today...