Thursday, July 24, 2014

One more day...

Woke up this morning and reality is really sinking in.  Tomorrow is day 1(or surgery 1) of this long journey!

Dad is picking me up at 330pm, we're off to do some errands and then to my new home away from home.  What shall I call this home?  How about Wonderland.  I'm assuming as I spend time in Sandy's lovely bsmt suite I'll wonder many things, so it seems appropriate.

I've had surgeries before when they "put you under" but it's always a little nerve wracking.  As long as I'm not like a character on ER who never wakes up, we'll be good LOL  I wear contacts as my vision is -4.5 so whenever I'm without contacts or my glasses things look cloudy.  You're lying on the bed, you can't see clearly, and the gas mask comes and you need to count...ya I'll admit it scares me some!

From what I gather the doctors are concerned about the cancer cells in my groin somewhat more than Big Kahuna.  Big Kahuna causes the pain however these cells could cause more damage if they spread and/or grow.  Friday the lymph node on my right groin/bikini line is what they're removing and radiation will do the rest.

Speaking of radiation, it has come to my attention I might get my 1st tattoo!  This is not yet fact but I'll know soon.  I hear when they map your areas of radiation they put permanent black dots or tattoo's so they'll always know where to go.  We wash our skin & our skin sheds so this kinda makes sense.  I have no tattoo's so I'm going to see if they can make mini stars and hearts instead hahahahahaha

Because tomorrow starts so early I don't expect to be blogging until Saturday. As soon as I can be back on I will and you'll get your cray-cray update!

Thanks for all your support and love

#carly2conquercancer

XOXO

C



9 comments:

  1. I will be thinking of you tomorrow and wishing you all the best. Remember to count back...99, 98, 97...that's as far as you will probably get before you hit slumberland. I will try and pop out to your "recovery house" on the weekend.
    Love ya,
    A.K.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I should recite canucks jersey numbers...that'll really put me to sleep! Lol xoxo

      Delete
  2. I'm also having user issues...so Anonymous is the way to go here! Good luck Carly, will be thinning about you...will also be at a wedding tomorrow and will have a drink for you! jo xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thxs Jo! Have fun at the wedding & a rye ginger in my honor lol.

      Delete
  3. Hi Carly, we have never met but I'm a golfing buddy of your Mom's (and Dad!). I just want you to know that there are soooo many people in your corner. We are sending nothing but positive thoughts, good wishes, love and prayers your way. I have to be honest, I will be playing golf tomorrow when you're having your surgery and I will unashamedly use you as an excuse if I have a bad game. On the off chance I have a good game I will also credit you because for once I'm not overthinking of my game, just thinking of you! I look forward to your next blog.
    Debbie Mills

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pleasure to "read" you Ms Mills. Hope you all have great gme Tomo!

      Delete
  4. Hello Carly..Wonderland..and you bunking with Wonder - perfect! I am jumping on Debbie's golf excuse bandwagon. Thinking of you, sending wonderful karma your way.oxox Aunty Shell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Yes, get a nice tattoo over the dot marker they'll put on you! Can I hold your hand and watch!
    Love ya! Thinking if you
    - Petra
    P.s. The name wonderland made me think of Michael Jackson! Beat it, beat it!

    ReplyDelete

Hello everyone.  I wanted to do a final entry and inform you of the new way I'll be blogging moving forward.  I just realized that today...