Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Step by step

A cancer journey has more steps than a New Kids On The Block dance routine!  Today I kinda feel like I took a few steps back but also forward at the same time.  

I expected to hear in depth details on my upcoming surgery as a group of doctors met yesterday to discuss my case. I did hear some details but what I heard first was that they want to do one more extensive biopsy before progressing off the PET scan images. Short story, one more test before the colostomy.

Back steps are I just want things to improve. I want to do whatever it'll take to get me there and Winnie is just that. I hate being in agony all day, I want it to stop. Forward step is I know the doctors have my best interests at the forefront. I'll hear over the next couple days as to when my biopsy (day surgery as I'll have to be sedated) will be. Once those results come back we'll have a straight forward plan. No what ifs. Just a plan. This girl needs a plan.

Until then I'll continue to manage my pain the best I can. I meet with the pain management team at the Cancer Agency Friday to make sure I'm taking the most suitable meds. Being practically immobile is hard when your mind thinks you can do more. But I got to listen to my body and rest up.

My uncle said to me on Christmas Day to think like a professional athlete. Rest before the big game and once the big game is here, go out and win. That is my dance routine for now, step by step oh baby🎶 -NKOTB

XOXO

C

#carly2conquercancer


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello everyone.  I wanted to do a final entry and inform you of the new way I'll be blogging moving forward.  I just realized that today...