Saturday, December 6, 2014

Pretty girl

It's with sadness that I tell you on Tuesday I had to say goodbye to my cat Nalla.  She's been in & out of the vet since February and took a turn for the worse these past 2 weeks.  We spent 11 years together and she was a 7lb fireball!  My other cat Simba is 12 but in good health and seems to be OK with her departure.  They weren't the best of friends, I had to separate them often so this change hopefully goes smoothly.  It's hard saying goodbye to our pets but I take peace in knowing we can help them not suffer at the end of their furry lives.  RIP pretty girl!

Yesterday I visited with a nurse and anestheleologist at VGH to go over surgery procedures.  Nothing of surprise came about.  Pretty straight forward.  Start to finish surgery will be about 3 hrs and I'll be staying over night Monday.  What happens after that is TBD per my surgeon.  I came home for a few hours and then had to be at the clinic at 615pm for another PET scan.  I had this scan when I was first diagnosed so now they'll compare them to see what's different.  This is a nuclear medicine scan where they inject dye via IV that lights up any cancer cells.  I sit in a room for 45 min pre-scan so the dye makes if way thru my whole body.  There is no pain, just boredom and listening to music.   I've started listening more to the beat as song lyrics can be depressing.  Light at the end of the tunnel, I will survive, Freedom....like seriously!  

I've been feeling a lot better emotionally this week compared to the train wreck I was last week.  I think every stage reaches it's "peaceful" time and I'm there now.  There's no sense in getting angry, depressed or drunk to cope.  I just gotta cope.  Not saying I'm not anxious or scared of Mondays main event, but I hope to come out the winner.  I'll be sure to update this blog as soon as I can but thank you in advance for all your well wishes. 

XOXO

#carly2conquercancer

XOXO




1 comment:

  1. Thinking of you❤sorry to hear about your cat, that hurts like heck:(
    Glad to hear that you are in a good space, we will all be anxiously awaiting the good news after your surgery! Lots of love❤

    ReplyDelete

Hello everyone.  I wanted to do a final entry and inform you of the new way I'll be blogging moving forward.  I just realized that today...