Tuesday, May 19, 2015

2013 or 2015?

Last I checked I was sick mid 2014 continuing on in to 2015, yet most of the assistance programs I apply for are based on 2013s income.  How does this make any sense?  I've been on disability since last year why would this not apply? 

I was on the phone with Pharmacare today as I thought I was just shy of my high deductible based on my 2013 income.  I asked how I could get things applied to the now vs the past and she said there's loads of paperwork but it's on the way.  And that high deductible I thought I was about to reach, well it's even further away as 2 of my 3 medications aren't covered.  This day just got better ... I might have shed a tear and might need to get an ice cream to feel better...ice cream is magic right?

For some reason I've let these stressful times get to me and this week I bit my nails.  I have no doubt I'll grow them back, but silly that I let that habit back in to my life.  I won't ever let smoking back in so better a slip with my nails than with a cigarette. 

Every time I think I'm just getting over a hump another one comes right behind it. I can't seem to gain an inch without giving two.  I hate being the "why me" girl but lately I find myself saying it often.  Why can't I be stronger, Why do I have Crohn's, Why can't I be happier, Why did I get cancer.  Then I tell myself to shrug it off and move on but moving on is harder than anything I've ever had to do.  I keep reminding myself this is all happening for a reason and to have faith. 

Saturday mom, dad & I headed out on the boat overnight. Being up Indian Arm taking in the crisp air & beautiful scenery always puts a smile on my face. How lucky am I to have cool parents to spend time with & to live in such a beautiful place. I loaded a video & pictures that you can see on my blog but not by the email subscription. 

May 19th was day 70 being cancer free, so as frustrated as I may be, that's a great celebration.  It's also uncle Bruce's 70th birthday and he's been in my corner this whole journey. Great to share this number with you, but tomorrow you're still 70 & I'll be 71 LOL 

This Sunday I get together with some of my dearest friends for a photo shoot celebrating our 40th birthdays. We did the same for our 30th and here we are ten years later. No matter how bad things get, seeing their faces on Sunday will remind me to keep fighting. 

#carly2conquercancer

XOXO

C


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello everyone.  I wanted to do a final entry and inform you of the new way I'll be blogging moving forward.  I just realized that today...